When is a building permit required and how do I apply?

Building permits are required for any structure that is over 200 square feet in size or structures under 200 square feet that are attached to a larger permanent structure.  All structures, even those which do not require a permit, must meet the relevant Zoning District setback requirements, found in Section 38.4.7 http://www.townofrangeley.com/DocumentCenter/View/107/Chapter-38-Zoning-PDF.  Building permit applications can be found on the Town of Rangeley website, http://www.townofrangeley.com/174/Planning-Code-Enforcement-Officer, or as printed copies in the lobby of the Rangeley Town Office.  Additional permit forms may be required, please contact the Code Enforcement Office with any further questions.

Show All Answers

1. How do I register to vote?
2. Where can I pay a fine?
3. Where do I get a marriage license?
4. How do I get an absentee ballot?
5. How do I register my out-of-state vehicle for the first time?
6. Do you accept credit/debit cards for payments?
7. What is the deadline to be included as an agenda item for the Planning Board?
8. When is a building permit required and how do I apply?
9. Is the airport open on holidays?
10. May I participate in a Zoom meeting if all of the Board / Committee members are present in person?
11. What's happening in Recreations today?
12. How do I sign up for a rec program?
13. Where do I get my dump permit / sticker?
14. What are the hours of operation for the Transfer Station?
15. When can we bring brush to the Transfer Station?
16. What can be recycled at the Transfer Station?
17. What is allowed to be brought to the Bargain Barn at the Transfer Station?
18. Can I have fill material?
19. My plumbing isn't working - who do I call?
20. When do the docks go in / out?